Sunday, August 15, 2010

where should we be by now...and what is stopping us?

Having a day where I am thinking about "where we should be by now"......Marco and I have been trapped in this house thing for 5 years now...and really we have nothing to show for it....but a depreciated 1983 home which needs a new furnace and AC.

This house we have lived in for the last 5 years is not our home. We find home with each other and our kids, doing the things we can and loving each other. We cant wait to get out from under this house which is causing us so much money issues and preventing us from "doing the things we love" with our kids and family.

We are downsizing to a apartment. We are actually thrilled to be doing  because it will drastically reduce our monthly bills and we will finally be able to pay off debt!!!!!

Who would of thought we would be so happy to pay off debt....right?! It is a cleansing thing....kinda like the feeling my sis and I get after a "major cleaning and de-cluttering spree" ....RELIEF!!!!!

So how are we getting away from this house.....we have to SHORT SELL it....which means that our mortgage company agreed to a sale price that we HOPE to get for the house. The sale price would be LESS than what we owe to the mortgage company but with the economy and all...the mortgage company will get more from a short sale than from a foreclosure....so they are disgruntle...but agreeable to it.

So since when is buying a home "really" the American dream anyways....according to the stock market....."being rich on credit and living above their means" is the American dream....hahahahahha! I don't want any part of that dream!

Well I have never been the type of person that society can force into a box, so there is no motivator here to have "the American dream". We just want a simple house, with the means to visit our family/ friends in Mexico and  across the country. We just want to be able to take our kids to the ZOO, and other fun things like that. Because of our debt and this house we can not afford to take our kids to anything but the local FREE park. The parks here are awesome...but sometimes you just want something else. ( in case you don't think I realize....I do realize I am using ALOT of wants here)  I know we are happy to have what we need...but since when is not acceptable in this "American dream" that we could WANT for somethings.....Not too much to ask I think....!


So our plan......move into an apartment in October, pay down debt, I NEED to finish my RN degree, and in 1-2 years we will be moved SOUTH closer to both sides of our families and GREAT friends.

So I am not ever sure "where we should be by now" but I am for sure that we do know where we are going, and what we need to do in order to get there.....hopeful that it will take less time than it has....

No comments:

Post a Comment