Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sleep...

Hello! Well after 2 sleeping pills ( thank you Kroger brand Tylenol pm) i finally got caught up on sleep! This momma was T-I-R-E-D! Since the arrival of grandma ( YIPPEE) I have been able to pick up some shifts at work, they were day and night shifts. So like the crazy woman I am I worked 12hr night on Wed, 12hr day on Friday, 12hr night on Sat, 4hr shift Sunday afternoon ( after 3 hrs of sleep) and then 4 hrs of night shift on Monday. I was one pooped parent! After 3 unsuccessful tries at NAP time on Tuesday, I gave in and had the hubby swing by the store for some sleeping aid! Took the pills at 730, but couldn't fall asleep till 930...but I did sleep well. I feel rested this morning!

It really sucks to try and parent on little to no sleep. I become grouchy, snappish and LAZY! At least Rissa got her homework done, bath and off to bed on time...that was a success. Baby Xav got to bed too...so momma slept all night.

I used to say I can "function" on little sleep...well that was when I used to get 6hrs of sleep per night....that was at least a schedule. With working day and night shift...there is no schedule of sleep.

So what I learned....I shall only pick up night followed by day shifts when absolutely necessary! Also I appreciate the times when I was sleeping 6hrs per night...routinely. Lat but not least I am thankful to have grandma here to HELP and my hubby who adjusts to my moods and my laziness. THANKS!!!

MOMS we do NEED our sleep...get it before lack of sleep gets you!

No comments:

Post a Comment